The Board is responsible for managing IHEU in accordance with the Bylaws, the Internal Rules and the policies and directives of the General Assembly. The Board members are elected by the General Assembly, and are Directors and Trustees of IHEU.
The Board has a directly-elected President, a Vice-President, and a Treasurer. The term of office of Board members is three years. All Member Organizations may nominate individuals to positions on the Board and each candidate must be a member of an IHEU Member Organization, or an Individual Supporter of IHEU.
The Board as of the General Assembly, 2016 is:
- Andrew Copson (UK), President
- Anne-France Ketelaer (Belgium), Vice-president
- Roar Johnsen (Norway), Treasurer
- Kato Mukasa (Uganda), Board Member
- Uttam Niraula (Nepal), Board Member
- David Pineda (Guatemala), Board member
- Susan Sackett (USA), Board member
- Ron Solomon (USA), Board member
- Rein Zunderdorp (Netherlands), Board member