The Nigerian Humanist Movement, an IHEU member organization, is marking its 15th anniversary with a conference in the federal capital of Abuja. The conference, from September 22 to 25, is titled “Humanism as the Next Step” and is open to all Humanists.
Date: September 22 – 25 2011, starting at 9.00 am daily.
Venue: Vines Hotel, Durumi Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Theme: Humanism as the Next Step
Topics will include:
- Humanism as an slternative to religion
- Superstition and the school system
- Critical thinking and educational reform
- Leaving religion
- Humanism and Nigerian politics
- Combating religious fundamentalism
- Tackling ritual killing and human sacrifice
All Humanists are enjoined to attend. The venue of the conference is around 30 minutes drive from the International Airport in Abuja.
We also call for support and donations from our members, friends and Humanist organizations to compliment our budget.
There are some travel scholarships for Humanist activists, youths and students.
All those interested in attending the convention should contact: