The IHEU General Assembly 2013 will be held at the Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Hotel, Calea Dorobanților 5-7, Bucharest 010551, Romania on Sunday 26th May 2013 (9:30am till 5pm). It will be held in conjunction with the Romanian Humanist Association conference on Saturday 25th May at the Palace of the Parliament. (Please also be advised that the General Assemblies of the European Humanist Federation (EHF) and the International Humanist and Ethical Youth Organisation (IHEYO) will be held at the Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Hotel, both on Friday 24th May).
To register for IHEU’s GA and for infomration on other events in Bucharest over this weekend please visit https://iheu.org/ga2013. Forms are available on the IHEU website to make nominations to fill the positions of 2 Executive Committee members.
- 27th March 2013: Resolutions for the General Assembly: Member organisations (which are in good standing 2013) may submit items for discussion or resolutions for the General Assembly, emailed to email@example.com – to be received 60 days before the date of the GA.
- 11th April, 2013: Nominations for elections to the IHEU Executive Committee must be received by IHEU 45 days before the General Assembly at the latest – emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or completed via our Nomination for IHEU Executive Committee 2013 webform. The nominating organisation (which must be in good standing – which means that they have paid their 2013 dues) must complete a form and the candidate must complete an acceptance form. There are 2 places available on IHEU’s Executive Committee.
- 11th April, 2013: Call for nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Service to Humanism Award: This award recognises the contributions of Humanist activists to International Humanism and to organised Humanism. The names of recent recipients can be found on the website. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com, with the name and full contact details of both the nominee and the nominator, name of the Member organisation making the nomination and details of the nominee’s work and contributions to international Humanism and organised Humanism.
- 16th April 2013: Registration for the General Assembly: Everyone attending the GA must submit a registration form 40 days before the GA, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who are entitled to attend the GA are representatives of Member Organisations in good standing (ie who have paid their 2013 dues). Also able to attend as observers are paid up individual supporters and other members of Member Organisations in good standing.
- 16th April 2013: Member Organisations (MOs) are asked to send a one-page report of their activities in 2012 to email@example.com. Any received by 16th April will be included in the GA papers. (No late reports will be included.) MOs will not be required to give verbal reports at the meeting.
- 19th May 2013: Proxy votes: Member Organisations who are in good standing 2013 and who are not able to send a representative, may nominate a proxy to vote on their behalf. The proxy shall either be a representative of another member organisation who has registered in time, or the chair of the meeting. The proxy vote form (below) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All delegates who register by the due date will receive an email, by 26th April 2013, giving a password so that they can access the GA agenda and papers from IHEU’s website. There may not be places available for those who do not book by the due date.
Accommodation and Members
Delegates will also need to book accommodation. Get information on discounted accommodation.
We very much look forward to welcoming registered delegates (representatives of IHEU member organisations in good standing, IHEU international representatives, IHEU Officers, paid-up IHEU individual supporters, volunteers and invitees) to the IHEU General Assembly 2013.