One Law for All is marking International Women’s Day with “A Seminar on Sharia Law” at Conway Hall Humanist Centre, London, UK.
Monday 8 March 2010
18:30-20:30pm (Arrive by 18:00pm for Registration and Refreshments)
At Conway Hall
25 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
(Closest Underground: Holborn)
Directions to Conway Hall: http://www.conwayhall.org.uk/where.htm
- Yasmin Alibhai-Brown (British Muslims for Secular Democracy)
- Yassi Atasheen (One Law for All)
- Clara Connolly (Women AgainstFundamentalism)
- David Green (Civitas
- Denis MacShane (MP
- Rony Miah (Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain and Lawyers’ Secular Society)
- Maryam Namazie (One Law for All)
- Pragna Patel (Southall Black Sisters)
- Fariborz Pooya (Iranian Secular Society)
- Yasmin Rahman (Women Against
- Joan Smith (Writer and Activist)
Tickets: £10; £3 students/low income.
You can register for the Seminar by filling out a booking form at: http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/1-march-2010-london.
You may also listen to a soon to be posted 25 February interview with Maryam Namazie on BBC Oxford on the One Law for All Campaign and Seminar here: http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/media-coverage/
Please also feel free to post your questions and comments on Sharia Law and Women’s Rights on the One Law For All website. Spokesperson Maryam Namazie will be responding to them every day starting March 1 leading up to International Women’s Day on March 8.
For more information, contact:
One Law for All
BM Box 2387
London WC1N 3XX, UK