Do you want to know
- How Humanism can provide an answer to the problems of Untouchability?
- What Humanists, Rationalists and Secularists are doing to make a difference at the ground level?
- What the IHEU is doing to make a difference at the international level?
- What the Adopt a Dalit Village Humanist scheme is?
Did you know that
- Not too long ago, Untouchability existed in France, Spain and Sweden?
- Untouchability persists in India and Nepal which have Hindu societies, in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Yemen which have Islamic societies, Sri Lanka which has a Buddhist society and in Nigerian society which has wide spread animist beliefs?
- Shades of Untouchability still exist in Japan?
- Even today nearly 250 million persons are directly affected by the disease of Untouchability?
Do you know what
- Governments in these countries are doing to make a difference?
- Civil society organisations and religions are doing to address the situation?
- The international community is doing to help?
Dates: 9 and 10 June 2009
Venue: Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4RL
Registration Fee: £75
To register, visit the BHA web site.
To participate or present a paper, send an email to